I am happy to announce that Apple has just approved the latest update to the Fox Sports Mobile app. This is the 3rd App release IBM has delivered for FOX. It includes:
- Performance enhancements: 3x speed improvements over WiFi & 3G from the previous release
- Soccer: News, Scores & Schedules (by League), Video, & Standings
- MMA/Boxing: News & Video
- Motorsports: News (F1 & IRL)
- Nascar: Leaderboard, Race Details, (including Lineup, Live Race, Track info), Schedule, Drivers Index, The Chase
- Article sharing via Facebook
- Manual refresh button for news and scores
- Over 50 bug fixes
The IBM and FOX teams worked very closely together to significantly improve the app’s performance. Additionally we have provided additional visual queues to notify the user when the app was unable to download content updates from FoxSports.com.
In addition to performance enhancements and bug fix we now have (say it with me) SOCCER! That’s right — we now have News, Scores, Schedules, Video & Standings content for SOCCER. Motor and Nascar fans will also be happy to learn that their content also available in this release.
A special thank you goes out to my development team: Greg Crisp and Mike Jones for their continued hard work and dedication to the project!
As always, I would encourage all of you to download the app and post your comments and rating in the App Store. The more reviews we receive the better. Also — please share the App link (http://itunes.com/foxsportsapp) with as many family, friends and colleagues as you know.
The release should be available for you to update on your iPhone or iPad before EOD today.